Often referred to by some of its trade names including but not limited to, HiTec®, Playboard™, and King Colorboard®. HDPE is a thermoplastic polymer made from petroleum. As one of the most versatile plastic materials around, HDPE is used in many different applications, including plastic bottles, milk jugs, shampoo bottles, bleach bottles, cutting boards, and piping. Known for its outstanding tensile strength and large strength-to-density ratio, this plastic has a high-impact resistance.
- Packaging applications: Crates, trays, milk and juice bottles, caps for food packaging, gas cans, drums, & industrial bulk containers.
- Consumer Goods: Garbage containers, housewares, ice trays, & toys.
- Fiber & Textiles: Ropes, fishing & netting.
- Other applications: Pipes & fittings like pipes for gas, water, sewage, drainage, & cable sheathing coatings.
- Good impact strength
- Lower cost
- Easy fabrication
- High tensile strength
- Excellent resistance to chemical