Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
LDPE is often referred to by a few of its trade names such as Agility™, Alkathene®, and Bralen®. This material is a softer, more flexible, lighter weight than HDPE. It is often used for orthotics and prosthetics. This plastic has good chemical and impact resistance and is easy to fabricate and form.
- Packaging: Pharmaceutical & squeeze bottles, caps & closures, tamper evident (designed to reveal any interference with the contents), liners, trash bags, films for food packaging, laminations, plastic baggies
- Pipes, fittings, & hoses.
- Other applications: Manufacturing containers, squeeze bottles, tubing, plastic bags, & lab equipment.
- Good Flexibility
- Low cost
- High Plasticity
- Low water absorption
- Easy to fabricate
- Good resistance to alcohols, dilute alkalis, and acids
- High impact strength @ low temperature
- Excellent electrical insulating properties
- Very low water absorption
- FDA compliant