- Deep-Frame design allows for the extreme expansion and contraction of thermoplastic sheet
- All-aluminum frame is available in white or bronze powdercoast
- EPDM rubber 'Wedge-Gasket'
- Accepts any color/type of 1/4" nominally thick plastic sheet
- Can be fabricated to max OD frame size of 75" x 147"
- 1-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Overglazing non-operable windows
- Enclosing patios, breezeways, porches
- Commercial entryways
- Pool enclosures
- Factory windows and safety shields
A system for over-glazing non-operable windows or enclosing exterior vestibules, courtyards, breezeways, swimming pool enclosures, porches, patios, and carports.
Our Vertical Glazing system is the perfect product to frame in plastic sheeting for exterior signage.
Exterior plastic sheeting such as acrylic and polycarbonate has the highest rate of expansion and contraction of all building materials, approximately 1/16" per lineal foot from summer to winter. It must be framed to allow for constant dimensional changes. Mounting vertical glazing with through-holes and screws is not recommended. Construction adhesives will fail over time.Lustercraft has engineered this heavy-duty framing system to conquer these plastic glazing problems.
- Properly allows for expansion and contraction of plastic glazing.
- Heavy-duty construction resists extreme wind-load and vandalism.
- Accepts both 1/4" and 1/8" thick material.
- Can be fabricated up to 75" x 147" O.D. frame size (1/4" glazing only).
- Will accept any plastic glazing material including acrylic and polycarbonate.
Lustercraft stocks a large selection of tints, colors, textures and mirrors, double-wall, etc. in both acrylic and polycarbonate.
- All aluminum construction will not rust or rot.
- Available in powder-coated white or bronze color.
- E.D.P.M. rubber wedge gaskets.
- Weep holes for condensation/moisture exit.
- Frame: .43 lbs. per lin. ft.
- 1/4" acrylic glazing: 1.5 lbs. per sq. ft.
- 1/4" polycarbonate glazing: 1.4 lbs. per sq. ft.
- 1/4" double-wall polycarbonate glazing: 0.5 lbs. per sq. ft.
Measuring for frame size:
- Post to post scenario for patios, courtyards, etc:
- Posts must have a flat surface to mount frame to, with no less than 3/4" of mounting surface for each frame edge.
- Measure center to center between posts, and provide O.D. frame height requirement.
- Over-glazing existing non-operable windows:
- Measure several different places and subtract 1/8" from your smallest dimension (allows for out-of-square existing frame) to calculate your overall aluminum frame size.
Questions? Contact a Lustercraft sales representative today.